Five tips for Using Graphic 45 Australia Scrapbook Background Papers
Once you’ve selected photos, the next important step in planning your scrapbook pages is choosing the background paper on which to mount the elements. At Papermaze Scrapbooking Supplies we use papers, stamps and embellishments by Graphic 45 in Australia. Their range includes everything from standard paper to deluxe editions. Graphic 45 offers fine quality solid colours, stripes and patterns, and a variety of themed papers including fantasy, historical and seasonal pages.
With so much choice, deciding which background to use can be confusing. Here are a few suggestions:
- Instead of starting with just one page, think of a spread of pages. This will help bring continuity to the album.
- Scrapbookers often make the mistake of choosing different colour papers for their pages to make each page unique. Start by choosing a complementary colour scheme or if you are uncertain which colours to use together, select paper from a themed pad or a single range.
- Striped and patterned papers are great for evoking a mood. Be careful that patterns don’t overwhelm a page but be adventurous and try to match them to the theme of the page.
- Bordered papers are an excellent choice to make your photos stand out. If you chose paper that doesn’t have a border, you could easily make your own by cutting strips of contrasting coloured or patterned paper and glueing them over the page.
- Paper doesn’t only need to be behind your photos. Use scissors to cut out patterns and pictures from a background paper and place them as an overlay.
For inspired scrapbooking papers and many ideas on how to use them, contact Papermaze, we stock the full range of Graphic 45 in Australia.